HERB - Period poisons

Christine A Seelye-King mermayde at juno.com
Tue May 18 13:10:20 PDT 1999

On Mon, 17 May 1999 16:03:53 -0500 Roberta R Comstock
<froggestow at juno.com> writes:
>The maid who put on the supposedly poisoned gown walked around for >a
few minutes, then displayed a few seconds of panic and discomfort,
>then fell dead.<snip>

	Well, not exactly.   She put on the dress (she wasn't supposed to, you
know) and went for a hot and heavy asignation in the hallway with Mr.
"You are MY Elizabeth!" (I forget his surname, Dudley?).  After several
moments of what was obviously becoming a hot and *sweaty* encounter, she
fell to the floor screaming and trying to tear her gown and then her skin
off.  I figured it was the moisture of the sweat that activated the
poison.  (Yes, I was trying to justify a movie).

>Saber, I understand your concern about intentional misuse of poisonous
>things, but I am much more concerned about the accidental poisonings
>that occur as a result of ignorance.   I have known may people who
>suffered needlessly (Not fatally, though) because they did not have
>adequate information about the possible adverse effects of plants they
>were using or playing with.
>
>Hertha

	And hey, I'm interested.  I'm not planning on offing anyone, in fact, I
study constantly to improve the care I give to those who ask for it.
But, it is valuable to know the dangerous effects of plants, and better
to be aware of them than to not talk about them.  Besides, I have a
morbid curiosity.  (Although, I had a tough time eating during the
anatomical discussion of the Elephant Man's remains while watching the
Discovery Channel last night! Drilling into his tooth for DNA was almost
too much for me!)
	Please feel free to keep the conversation on the list, unless the list
administrator says otherwise, or nefarious plans start to be made.....
	Christianna