HERB - Poison Ivy help

Roberta R Comstock froggestow at juno.com
Fri May 21 08:02:12 PDT 1999

On Thu, 20 May 1999 22:22:05 -0400 Warren & Meredith Harmon
<corwynsca at juno.com> writes:

>Greetings!
>
>In a study I read about a long time ago (I know I have the article
>somewhere in this black hole I call a house), they proved that poison
>ivy oil can stay active for up to two years in clothing, if it isn't
>cleaned.  Scary, huh?
>
>-Caro

Yep!  You can also get it from 'dormant' roots  in the soil where it once
grew and from small bits of a vine or shrub that's been cut down.  Never
put poioson ivy in a chipper or a compost heap!   Also, never burn it -
it's really bad if you breath the smoke and break out in your throat and
lungs!  (potentially fatal.)

Hertha