HERB - Poison Ivy & Its Ilk

meaduewolf@juno.com meaduewolf at juno.com
Mon May 24 07:01:54 PDT 1999

On Sun, 23 May 1999 22:31:06 -0400 Warren & Meredith Harmon
<corwynsca at juno.com> writes:

>Greetings!
>
>My mother, who is extremely allergic to poison ivy, is also allergic
>to Virginia creeper.  Perhaps it's an allergy just to Virginia
>creeper?

Now I am wondering....
There was this vine that at first I thought was Clematis, but it wasn't.
It has cone like flowers on it about 2 inches long. Shaped like a pine
cone in a way. I had decided that it may be wisteria (sp).  It had very
few leaves. (but then this thing has been living in the dark for years)
They were a dark green kind of broad and ending in a point. I think they
were like a rounded saw tooth edges. This was something I have never seen
before, even with working in a flower shop.
Rhiannon