HERB - OT: my moving is nearly complete

Gaylin Walli gwalli at infoengine.com
Mon May 24 14:21:13 PDT 1999

Friends,

Our move to our first new home is now nearly complete. I have
several "volunteers" in my new garden and yard, including
peony plants, asian and field lilies, some roses, echinacea
a small mulberry bush, nightshade, and some grapes that
may or may not get pollinated this year (no one could tell
me from the neighborhood if they were grapes that developed
to fruit).

Of course, as luck would have it, City Hall of our new town
sponsored the second of two annual flower sale days the day
after I moved. I now am the proud owner of several new
tomato plants, pea plants, and 8 eggplant bambino starts
(what the HECK was my husband thinking?!). Oh yes, and
the four cucumber plants.

Now the thing I'm trying to figure out is who among the
army of people helping us move stopped back yesterday
and left us an old pickle bucket with a 3-foot stripling in
it that my mother-in-law calls a "red leaf" plant. Good
lord what have I gotten myself into becoming a home owner?

Off to the herb plant store...

Jasmine "I can build that medieval garden today!" de Cordoba