HERB - OT: my moving is nearly complete

Gaylin Walli gwalli at infoengine.com
Tue May 25 11:29:08 PDT 1999

Hertha sez:

>If you give us a description of the 'red leaf' plant, maybe we can help
>you figure out what it is.  Or do you already know?

Actually, I found out who gifted me with it. Get this, it's a lilac. My
sister-in-law, the botanist, dug it up at my husband's family's farm.
Right now we're trying to guess the age of the original from old family
photos. Turns out my mother-in-law misidentified it. That, or
"red leaf plant" is a common name that I'd never heard used before.

In any event, it's really quite touching that they've given me this little
creature to plant in my yard. Thanks for the offer for help with
identification, though!

Jasmine