HERB - Re: jewelweed

Mike and Pat Luco mikel at pdq.net
Fri May 28 03:51:45 PDT 1999

What does jewelweed look like, any web pictures? From the earlier descriptions,
I have had little luck in developing a working mind image.  I don't think I
have ever seen it.  At least around the Houston area it might not grow.  If
this is so does anyone know if you can get the plant parts in a tincture or
ointment?  I have some serious poison ivy removal (the dogs keep infecting my
wife, who is more sensitive than me) to undertake this weekend and I would like
to be protected from the residual itching.  Poison ivy never seemed to bother
me when I was younger, then when I was around 20 and picking berries I
developed a serious case that spread down my leg.  Ever since then I get it
occasionally, though not as bad as my wife.

Henri and Antea
Kingdom of Ansteorra, Barony Stargate
Purveyors of fine herbs and spices
http://www.hypercon.com/naturalhome