HERB - Re: jewelweed

meaduewolf@juno.com meaduewolf at juno.com
Sat May 29 20:57:35 PDT 1999

On Sat, 29 May 1999 22:32:20 EDT Bjmikita at aol.com writes:
>Mine are more like welts.  Big red itchy welts.  And I think the crud
>is
>traveling.  At least where it started it's not itching anymore, just
>where
>it's new.
>Jeanne de La Mer

That is how mine turned out. I started breaking out on a Monday. Just a
few little blisters. Then nothing for a few days. Then all of a sudden
boom. It started popping out. A week ago you could almost see it
spreading.
Seemed like heat made it worse. I know it made it itch more. I would wash
with a non-moisturising soap. Pour peroxide over it and rinse with cool
water.   Helped with the itching for awhile. Didn't stop the spreading
tho'  and the itch came back after awhile. Then I started using Lanacort.
It helped some.
Don't let it go too far before seeing a Doc. Really. This stuff really
made me weak and sick feeling.
>From what I'm hearing it is unusually bad this year.
My old welts (good name for it) still itch some what. Try to keep it
cool.
My thoughts are with you. Get better and don't  do like I did and let it
get a good hold before seeing a Doc.
Rhiannon