HERB - Fwd: hist-brewing: mint tea

Walter J. Wakefield wjwakefield at juno.com
Tue Nov 2 20:35:49 PST 1999

Um, I may not have read it closely enough.  The second compound is just a
metabolite of pugelone - menthofuran.  So I guess we are really just
concerned about the presence of pulegone.  I am still curious about the
composition of the original tea, and how much and how frequently it was
administered to the infants.  Also the age of the infants, all of which
would have a bearing on this.  The original post seems to be an abstract
of the article - can anyone check the article and see if there is any
more information in the full article?  The citation was
>from Pediatrics, V98, N5, pp944-947 1996
I don't have any way to look this up.

Suzanna, herbalist