HERB - Projects/Bath Salts and Lotions

LANA JANE SWIFT valkyrie at tomatoweb.com
Tue Nov 9 21:16:37 PST 1999

Cecille here from the Kingdom of the West, Principality of Cynagua.
l have a recipe for "Bath Salts".  I am not sure if it is "period"
however...

2 cups of borax (Yes that's right, the box with the mules on it) , .
1/8 cup sea salt.
1/8 cup white clay.
essential oil of choice to scent.

1.  Combine borax, salt, and clay.
Use a wire whisk to mix all the ingredients evenly.
Scent with essential oil ( the mixture will absorb a lot of oil).

2.  Cover with a porous cloth and let sit several hours to dry.
Blend well with the wire whisk again.
Add 4-6 tablespoons of the salts to bathwater, allowing the salts to
dissolve
in the water before bathing.

Some people are surprised and offended to learn the major ingredient in most
bath salts is borax.  Borax is a wonderful substance.  A natural mineral
salt found only in a few places in the world.