HERB - Lobster Bits

Warren & Meredith Harmon corwynsca at juno.com
Fri Sep 3 06:49:03 PDT 1999

Greetings!

>>I don't think most people could find testicles on a locust (big
>>insect) but on a lobster, yes.
>
>Uhm, okay. I don't much about lobster, to be honest. As far as
>I'm concerned, the fish market has a magic fish machine that
>makes them in the back room and wraps them in shrink-wrapped
>polystyrene trays. A lobster has testicles or an area that could
>be considered them?

Yes, they do.  Order a whole lobster, and crack open the body.  Right at
the joint where the tail meets the body, there's a fatty lump.  That's
their version of the testes.  Good eating, too.  If it's not there, then
it's a female lobster.

There's a way to tell the boys from the girls, involving how big their
first two sets of spinnarets are, but I won't go there right now.

Sounds lije a great course!  I wish I could be there! (Notes?  she calls
plaintively)
-Caro