HERB - acorns

Gaylin Walli gwalli at infoengine.com
Thu Sep 30 06:51:53 PDT 1999

Someone correct me if I'm wrong. I'm not an arborist. Isn't
it true that when trees are under stress they often produce
bumper crops of the mechanism that makes more trees
grow? Our maple trees under stress (drought stress, most
notably) produce far more whirlygigs than when they're
happy and well fed. Rebecca, you mentioned your crop got
better after you installed your sprinkler system. Could it
be that the crop got larger because the root system of the
tree got disturbed and the tree though "Hey, if I die, I need
progeny!"? Just a thought.

jasmine
iasmin de cordoba, gwalli at infoengine.com