HERB - Horehound

Jenne Heise jenne at tulgey.browser.net
Mon Apr 3 11:41:22 PDT 2000

> Horehound is a mint. It grows wild in CA. It is bitter and requires honey or
> sugar.

Allow me to clarify that statement, because it's very confusing.

Horehound (Marrubium vulgare)is definitely related to Mint in such a way
that it can be called part of the mint family-- Labiatae family--, just as
Lemon Balm (Melissa Officinalis) and Rosemary (Rosemarinus Officinalis)
are.

But, in the sense that all Mentha species are called 'mint', it's not a
'mint' because it's a different species.

Jadwiga Zajaczkowa, mka Jennifer Heise	      jenne at tulgey.browser.net
	I suffer occasional delusions of competency.