HERB - Re: herbalist V1 #439

Jenne Heise jenne at tulgey.browser.net
Thu Apr 27 05:51:09 PDT 2000

> <<  But is there a chance that
>  sekanjibin could be dangerous? >>
> I know someone who died from eating a slice of bread. What are the details in
> the story?

The details in the story were discussed a while back on this list, Ras.
Basically, it seemed that peppermint tea had somehow gotten contaminated
with pennyroyal. Pennyroyal tea is not safe. I was being a little
anxiety-prone about the identity of my herb and fearing that it might be
too closely related to pennyroyal. However, all the online sources claim
that not only is the herb safe, but the essential oil is safe, so I'm not
going to worry about it.

If someone asked the question 'Is sekanjibin safe' you'd have to ask: what
did you flavor it with? If that was safe, the sekanjibin is gonna be safe.
If you flavored it with something unsafe, then it would be unsafe.

Jadwiga Zajaczkowa, mka Jennifer Heise	      jenne at tulgey.browser.net
	"Oh it's all too much, too grim, too lovely, too -- how should
	I put this? It's general chaos." -- Edward Gorey