HERB - ear wax? and other wound dressings?

Warren & Meredith Harmon corwynsca at juno.com
Mon Aug 7 14:38:36 PDT 2000

Greetings!

>So last night, as the nice emergency room doctor was removing my
>fingernail to get out the piece of sewing needle I put in my hand <snip>

Are you doing better?  I hope you're okay....

>1) was he just pulling my leg about the ear wax? Has anyone else heard
>this from a modern source?

I don't see how it's possible.  Maybe ear wax that just came out the
pore, but since it's designed to pick up nasty stuff before it goes down
to the tympanum, it makes as much sense as using soap pre-mixed with
dirt.

>2) Other than Neosporin, (and ear wax) what would be a good wound
>ointment?

How about aloe vera gel with Vit E?  I use the Banana Boat brand almost
religiously - I'm not allergic to it.

-Caro