HERB - cooking feasts and coronation

Gaylin iasmin at home.com
Mon Aug 21 17:57:01 PDT 2000

Raisya queried:

>  >...after I am done preparing for Midrealm (de)Coronation on 9/23.
>
>Are you cooking coronation feast AGAIN??  Talk about a glutton for
>punishment, LOL!!

Well, actually, no, but I must confess that I have discussed
cooking the next Midrealm Crown Tournament feast if a
Pentamere regional bid is accepted when the rotation swings
to us. Hauviette d' Anjou and I were talking about it when we
were at War. Perhaps a glutton for punishment in that
regard, but both of us enjoy cooking so much and we
seem to be well matched for working together. We've not
discussed much other than working together though.

Part of the reason we're talking of doing the feast together
is because I doubt I'll be allowed to work on my own for any
event held in our area for a while. I don't agree with the
reasoning, but let me explain for those of you not nearby...

*blush* I am travelling this fall to Midrealm Coronation
because my husband, Sergeant Kamiizumi Jirou Munenori, and I
are are being invested as the  territorial Baron and Baroness
of Roaring Wastes (southeastern Michigan). It's a five year
(maximum) commitment and I've already been trounced for
even suggesting a solo feast stewarding venture at any event
level, but especially Kingdom level.

So the reasoning for co-feasting an event is that I'll be so
busy being Baroness that it will be my duty to dress up and
look good and mingle rather than get chicken guts and chopped
herbs (obligatory herb comment *grin*) all over myself and
thus risk dishonoring the Barony. Co-feasting will give me
some of the fun at least.

A load of hooey, if you asked me, as I think I'm perfectly
capable of getting herbs all over me any time, much less while
cooking. It'll just take a little while to turn the people around
here and get them to let me cook.

>Sigh, sure wish I could have been at this Pennsic.  First one I've missed in
>10 years.

And we missed you, truly. *hugs*

jasmine

Iasmin de Cordoba