natural /=/ hypoallergenic Re: HERB - Re: cornstarch

Katherine Blackthorne kblackthorne at hotmail.com
Wed Aug 23 18:18:17 PDT 2000

Thank you.  I've been trying to remember this bit of trivia for years.  It
was just something I vaguely recalled without the details.  While I knew it
was dangerous, explaining to my female friends *why* they shouldn't use talc
in that neighborhood (again, usually after spending a hot weekend at Tourney
without decent long-drawers under a skirt) was a bit difficult.  "Um, I
don't remember, but it's just bad.  Use this instead."  Not really
convincing, is it?  <G>

--Katherine

Katherine,
You recall correctly.  It is still a concern for baby girls who have talc
baby powder applied to the diaper area.  Evidently it either increases the
risk of or causes uterine cancer.
Annys

----------
 >From: "Katherine Blackthorne" <kblackthorne at hotmail.com>
 >To: herbalist at ansteorra.org
 >Subject: Re: natural /=/ hypoallergenic Re: HERB - Re: cornstarch
 >Date: Wed, Aug 23, 2000, 8:38 PM
 >

 > I seem to recall hearing in the late 70's/early 80's that it could cause
 > problems with female gentitalia, hence the cornstarch under the skirts
 > rather than baby powder (which was all talc in those days).
 > --Katherine
 >

 > ----Original Message Follows----
 > From: "antoinetteb" <antoinetteb at mail.ev1.net>
 >
 > Talcum powder may also cause lung and repiratory problems/irritations in
 > infants and children, and possibly sensitive adults.  Almost all "baby"
 > powders are made with cornstarch now.  Not to say that talcum powder is
BAD,