HERB - Fwd:

lilinah@earthlink.net lilinah at earthlink.net
Thu Aug 31 09:18:34 PDT 2000

>I am teaching a class in Nov. about doing research on the web and I need
>some h*lp. Does anybody have a fav search engine? How do you do your
>research? What key words do you use? How do you know what the right keyword
>is? Where do you know to look?
>
>Elewyiss

I used to use Hotbot because they gave so many hits, but quite a few
months ago i noticed that pages that used to show up in a search were
no longer, even though the pages were still on the Web. This meant i
wasn't finding what i wanted to. Very disappointing.

I've switched to Google. Not only do you get good searches, they also
have pages in *their* cache, so if the page is no longer on the Web,
you can often still see it.

Anahita