HERB - Re:the panic that she just started.

Wes Will wwill at globaleyes.net
Tue Dec 5 15:55:23 PST 2000

At 05:38 PM 12/5/00 -0500, you wrote:
>THIS IS A VIRUS! If you opened this message, please seek virus treatment
>for your computer immediately.

She meant that the preceding message about the "snow white" stuff with the
midgets.scr file attached is a virus.  If you opened the message with the
attachment, and then RAN THE ATTACHMENT you're going to need antivirus
help.  To run the attachment, you would have had to double-click the link
in your email program, or gone through some other system to bring that
program up (midgets.scr).  Unless (heaven help you) you're using
Micro$haft's LookOUT! email mangler without the latest and greatest
'security patches', it might have run automagically without you wanting it
to.  I swear, half of my problems would go away if Outlook would....That's
got to be the worst excuse for software I've ever seen since the stupid
paperclip in Office.  "But it's PRETTY!".....

Wes Will, Geek
(because Eoin Caimbeul knows zilch about computers and viruses....)