HERB - Mistletoe

LANA JANE SWIFT valkyrie at tomatoweb.com
Tue Feb 15 09:31:06 PST 2000

Greetings from Cecille de Baskervyl...
Cynagua Principality, Kingdom of the West (Sacramento area, CA)

I don't think you can plant mistletoe......  It exists as a symbiotic parasite on some types of trees.  Around here, it is plentiful on the upper branches of the black oak.

Every year just after Thanksgiving, my kids knock big clumps of mistletoe out of the trees, and then sell little sprigs of the stuff as present decorations or as ribbon bunches to hang from the ceiling.

They actually make quite a bit of money doing this.If you lived close to me you could harvest as much as you want from my five acres...