HERB - Edema Help

Walter J. Wakefield wjwakefield at juno.com
Tue Jan 11 19:24:28 PST 2000

Dandelion root can be prepared and drunk as a "tea" or decoction.
Supposedly, when roasted and prepared like coffee, it makes a good
substitute for coffee - but without the caffeine.  Roasted chickory is
said to improve this.  Chickory is also useful as a diuretic.

The root could be prepared as a tincture (which is what I do) - put about
2 tblsp of chopped root into about a pint or half-pint of vodka
(depending on how strong you want it) and let it sit a couple of weeks.
Use about 10 - 20 drops once or twice a day.

And sometimes you get lucky and find it in capsules at the grocery or
pharmacy.  It should be available in capsules at a good health food
store.  Use one or 2 capsules a day, as seems to work best for you.

I would recommend taking any diuretic in the morning - not at night.
Don't want to have to wake up all night long to go pee.....

Suzanna, herbalist, Barony of the Steppes, Kingdom of Ansteorra