HERB - stevia

Mary Temple noxcat at hotmail.com
Thu Jan 13 14:02:46 PST 2000

I did see mention of it's possible hypoglycemia effects. That's probably
why.  As I said, it's another "possible" sugar substitute for Diabetics.
Aspirin also has some hypoglycemia effects, and caffeine has some
hyperglycemia effects. Pretty much any food or drug will affect blood
sugar/insulin levels - even water. :) The problem is that a lot of
well-meaning people have recommended to me that I use honey as a "sugar"
substitute, while not understanding that honey is simply a form of sugar and
will raise blood sugar levels just like table sugar does - I was wondering
if the situation were the same with stevia.

Katerine/Mary