HERB - period wedding flowers

sunshinegirl sunshinegirl at steward-net.com
Fri Jan 21 19:03:56 PST 2000

> From: Kristine Agnew <kmagnew at hotmail.com>
>I know that
> different flowers had different meanings, and I'm hoping someone can give
me
> an idea on where to find this information, I would really appreciate it!
>
> Thank You!
> Lady Boudicca nia inghen Siol Lhiannon

I have a book called _The Language of Flowers_, compiled and edited by Mrs.
L. Burke.  She has meanings that date back at least as far as the Victorian
time period, but I don't know how many of them are period.   I'll be happy
to tell you what she says about any particular flower - just let me know
which ones to look up.

Melandra of the Woods