HERB - Lynette-thanks

Lynette lklc at prodigy.net
Mon Jun 12 06:23:33 PDT 2000

Dearest Rhinnon's oil Glands,
    you can relax now take it easy you've worked hard all your life.  It is
OK to slow down.
Lynette
Maybe your workaholic glands are related to my husband.  His are 65 and
still going strong.  Are you of Mediterranean decent, by any chance?

> snip<
> Let me ask a question.......What about the foods you eat? Could the
> greasier the food the more oil the skin will put out?
>
> And then there are those "certain" times of the month where the oil seems
> worse.

I was thinking about both these questions when I answered.  The food issue
seems to be  controversial in scientific circles.  However,  in my
experience and observation it has a definite connection.  I will argue that
my beloved chocolate is also a culprit.  Ask any 'expert' and they will say
no, though.
As far as hormones, Yes there is a known connection.  You can blame the
whole thing on hormones and genetics.  (the hormones is why I said over 40.
That and my own experience)

<snip>
> I also found out that the more I washed my face the more oil there would
> be. And I also think the type of water used makes a difference. I use to
> live in town where the water had all kinds of chemicals in it. Not I have
> well water. Which I have found out does not dry out the hair as much.

 I've heard this, before.  (I live in a very alkaline desert litmus paper
stays blue and  would probably get bluer, if it could, in water here.
Forget about acid loving plants, unless you want to spend ALL your time
acidifying the soil.)
  So lets see,  Don't wash, don't eat greasy foods, give up chocolate (kill
myself first), get surgery to remove all endocrine organs (can't take a
chance on any of these since estrogen is apparently not the culprit in men),
use well water when you absolutely can't go another second without washing,
get real old (what ever that is) Boy! I sure am a lot of help.  Frankly I'd
go for some of the products suggested by Ysabeau.  If this is any comfort at
all You oil glands are doing a great job of protecting your skin and keeping
and it will probably not age as fast as someone elses.  (Will some one
please slap me)
Lynette