HERB - start thinking now

Gaylin J. Walli gwalli at ptc.com
Thu Jun 22 07:42:02 PDT 2000

Have you all started thinking now about your herbs and plants?
That is, have you been thinking about how they'll be growing in
the remainder of the year? Here's what I've been thinking about...

If I have these plants that I use in medieval cooking, surely there
must be other cooks who would want to use them. Or perhaps
there's a cook who wouldn't normally attempt something from
a period cookbook or an herb researcher who wouldn't do some
research simply because they didn't have a semi-obscure plant.

What if I have that plant? What if my plant can be grown from
seed? What if I make an effort to save that seed this year so
I can plant it in the very late winter/early spring so that a
cook or an herbalist can do that research?

What if I save my seeds so we can grow a whole bunch of plants
in the spring and have a bargain plant sale for the local herbalist
guild?

A whole lot of what ifs, eh? That's what I get for taking a day
off from work... :)

Good morning,

Jasmine
Iasmin de Cordoba