HERB - Re: mulberry rootings

Denise Pulgino Stout bisbetica at hotmail.com
Mon Jun 26 14:18:15 PDT 2000

Well, this is the thing...My inlaws have a mulberry tree.  I love
mulbeerries and want one in my yard.  They are moving out of their house
tomorrow...so can a cutting be taken?  I've never done a cutting from a tree
and hear that some do not work.  I have a large open area in my back yard
that is perfect for trees.  It's just grass right now and , as we are the
lowest lot on the block, we get all water runnoff. To the point where the
ground is squishy ans splashy and NO shade.

I'm hoping trees will suck up and use this water and make the rest of the
back lot more usable.  I'd like trees that produce something useful, but
will go with a good old river birch or the local nursery suggested a witch
hazel tree - that sounds cool!

but I still want those mulberries!