HERB - Agnus Castus manuscript

Gaylin iasmin at home.com
Mon Jun 26 16:11:17 PDT 2000

I know many of you have heard me mention the Agnus Castus manuscript
before, but many of you have not. I'd like to mention it again because it
just popped into view on a casual www.bookfinder.com search and this
time from a different seller (not in Japan or Australia) and for a decent
price (IMNSHO).

Here's the link that I got from searching:

http://www.bookfinder.com/search/?st=sl&ac=sl&qi=x0U2mT0IgJGvMgLVJCw8n
SYx0UnaMEw8:6:11

If you have trouble with this, search on "Agnus Castus" and look for
the copies of the book for sale by Ronnells Antikvariat AB via the
Advanced Book Exchange. The editor/author's name is Gösta Brodin
(Gosta mit umlaut over the "o"). The place selling it hasn't been
contacted by me (and I dont' work for them) so it may already be
gone. But I thought *someone* on the list might be interested.

Just to give you a point of reference in the history of things, this
manuscript publication is Brodin's inaugural dissertation. The
manuscript itself is suspected of being the source document for
the vast majority of the first of the printing-press-based herbals
during our researched time period.

The reason I mention it here is that the place that has it listed only
wants $19 US for it. :) With shipping, which wasn't much for me
when I bought it from another dealer, it still sits in the very reasonable
range for the SCA researcher. Anyone want more info on the manuscript?
I'd be happy to let you know what I know, but I need specific questions.
E-mail the list or me privately and I'll give you all the information I have.

Jasmine
Iasmin de Cordoba
iasmin at home.com
gwalli at ptc.com