HERB - Sekanjabin

Jenne Heise jenne at tulgey.browser.net
Wed Mar 8 05:54:12 PST 2000

> Also, my sister loves sekanjabin, but she is diabetic.  Has anyone tried
> making a flavored syrup with stevia or someother non-sugar sweetener?
> Melandra of the Woods
> Did not even think of the diabetic thing. Guess I can't try it out on that
> room mate. Would honey work do you think?
>
> Elewyiss

Same problem. Stevia will not work; I don't know about aspartame or
saccarin, since I don't know anything about their syruping qualities. (The
object is to make a syrup, and stevia doesn't 'syrup'.

For diabetics, you might experiment with adding small amounts of flavored
vinegars to water (if you want the electrolyte balancing effect) or simply
putting fresh mint or balm leaves in with the water in the cooler.

Jadwiga Zajaczkowa, mka Jennifer Heise	      jenne at tulgey.browser.net
disclaimer: i speak for no-one and no-one speaks for me...

"Lend our voices only to sounds of freedom/No longer lend our strength to that
which we wish to be free from/Fill lives with love and bravery/And we shall
lead a life uncommon." -- Jewel, _Life Uncommon_