HERB - Brusie juice recipie and questions

Maggie MacDonald maggie5 at home.com
Mon Mar 20 06:29:38 PST 2000

At 06:05 AM 3/20/00 -0500,Andy Oppenheim said something like:
>Where can I get the ingredients in Ft. Lauderdale Florida or mail order?
>andy

I usually shop in the whole food oriented heath food stores (where you find
the "hippies" and such shopping).  The only snag I hit as a beginner with
this recipe was that black willow bark isn't available where I live, so
white willow made an acceptable substitute (per the author of the recipe).

>BRUISE JUICE
>by Herbalist's Fellowship, City-State of Marinus
>from Compleat Anachronist #27 - An Herbal Grimoire
><SNIP for brevity>
>(Writer's note -- Surely you didn't think it was a 10 minute project?
>Bruise juice takes at least 6 weeks to make, but ask any fighter -- it's
>worth it. Good luck.)

Gosh, I THOUGHT this recipe sounded darn familiar,and then I read the note
at the bottom. Dame Catherine deSteele (author of CA #27) is teaching an
herbalism class at the moment (and I am lucky enough to be one of the
students).

ENJOY this recipe, it works incredibly well.

Regards,
Maggie MacD.