HERB - Horehound

CorwynWdwd@aol.com CorwynWdwd at aol.com
Thu Mar 30 19:18:24 PST 2000

According to the Garden.com page on horehound
(http://www3.garden.com/cgi-bin/v2/geplant/PID=75509544722705511421776,21776&C
ommon_SKU=9340) you can plant it anywhere from early spring to mid summer.
I've never had any trouble growing it in pots, and even though I don't THINK
it's a mint, it tends to grow like one here.

Horehound is made into tea, candy, cough syrups and I'm sure other things.
It's VERY bitter, definitely an acquired taste. Most people prefer the candy.
When I get the chance I'll look for a recipe.

Corwyn