HERB - Re: Peppermints

Sheron Buchele/Curtis Rowland foxryde at verinet.com
Wed May 3 08:47:47 PDT 2000

Try blue balsam mint.  It has a much better peppermint flavor, a nicer
growing habit, and it pretty vigorous for a peppermint.  I am having good
luck with it.  Much prettier growing than the regular pepermint.

My spearmint is getting to be a serious problem.  I brought it home last
year from a restaurant where is was garnish.  I rooted it and put it out.
Now it it several square feel of robustness and climbing out the cracks in
the rock wall that encloses it.  ;-)

Leonora
Outlands

At 09:54 AM 5/3/00 -0400, you wrote:
>>You mean I'm NOT the only one in the world who can't get peppermint to be
>>invasive?! *grin*
>
>No, good lady, you are not the only one. Spearmint? I have no trouble.
>Lemon Balm? Grows like a weed. Catnip? No trouble. Peppermint?
>Forget it. It hates me. I'm convinced it hates me.
>
>Jasmine

Fox Ryde Gardens - Herbal Innovations for Health and Cuisine
7743 West First Street
Loveland, CO 80537
970/669-3835
Visit our website: http://www.foxryde.com
Send $2 for our new full color catalog, receive $2 off your first order

 Doing the right thing starts first thing in the morning, Sparky.  Not
after you are caught.
                              -John Criton, FarScape