HERB - Dandilions

Gaylin Walli gwalli at infoengine.com
Thu May 4 06:40:12 PDT 2000

>Does anybody know if dandelion jelly is period?

Jellies as we think of them today are not. But there
are post-period by a bit. As for dandelions? I'm
pretty sure the answer is no. But if I remember
my Gerard correctly, the plant was used for
several things but I think the first was liver
treatments including hepatitis, from the Arabic corpus of
literature (god, I hate not having my library here
at work). Gerard thought it was a fantastic plant,
used for many things. And to be honest, the use
of the leaves are popular throughout our time
periods. The root's use is a little less poplar,
and you won't often find mention of it in our
period references.

But jelly? No, I pretty sure not.

Jasmine
Iasmin de Cordoba