HERB - Re: Peppermints

Sheron Buchele/Curtis Rowland foxryde at verinet.com
Thu May 4 13:40:32 PDT 2000

good to hear - it is so odd to take cuttings of a mint and carefully root
them and then transplant them.  I have a 10' square patch that I want to be
blue balsm for use in our teas.  Everytime someone gets longer than 3", I
cut him off and root him.  ;-)

It's a Psycho plant (eee!eee!eeee!hack hack hack)

Leonora also in a wierd mood

At 01:12 PM 5/4/00 -0400, you wrote:

>Greetings!
>
>>Try blue balsam mint.  It has a much better peppermint flavor, a nicer
>>growing habit, and it pretty vigorous for a peppermint.  I am having
>>good
>>luck with it.  Much prettier growing than the regular peppermint.
>
>(Giggle) wonderful stuff, isn't it?  My grandmother's patch has well and
>truly taken over, and I'm hacking it to pieces to get enough tea to drink
>all summer.  And the more you hack it, the more it comes up!  (Sigh)
>nothing like masochistic plants.....
>
>-Caro, in a *very* weird mood

Fox Ryde Gardens - Herbal Innovations for Health and Cuisine
7743 West First Street
Loveland, CO 80537
970/669-3835
Visit our website: http://www.foxryde.com
Send $2 for our new full color catalog, receive $2 off your first order

 Doing the right thing starts first thing in the morning, Sparky.  Not
after you are caught.
                              -John Criton, FarScape