HERB - Two Qvestions

Jenne Heise jenne at tulgey.browser.net
Thu May 4 14:28:31 PDT 2000

> >These would not be essential oils.  These are fragarant oils.
> Oooooooh!  (light bulb)  That would make a bit of a difference, now
> wouldn't it.... and probably blueberry EO (not FO) is expensive, as
> well...

It may simply be hard to get a good fragrance for it synthetically. You
generally don't see 'apple' all by itself either, for the same reason.

Speaking of fragrances, I've finally given in and decided to do a class
for an Arabian event on Fragrant oils and Sweet waters... anybody got
special suggestions for reading or for technique? I was going to cover
enfleurage, tincturing, and addition of oils to a base.

What, besides olive oil, are period base oils?

 Jadwiga Zajaczkowa, mka Jennifer Heise
jenne at tulgey.browser.net
	"Oh it's all too much, too grim, too lovely, too -- how should
	I put this? It's general chaos." -- Edward Gorey