HERB - What's Everyone Planting

CorwynWdwd@aol.com CorwynWdwd at aol.com
Thu May 4 21:22:13 PDT 2000

Raisya asked:

>So, it's THAT time of year again.  What is everyone planting <G>?

Genoese <sp?>  Basil (for my pesto, bruchettas for my Bride and white pizza
YUM), Salad Greens (lettuce, sorrel, borage, and about four other things that
I've tasted but can't remember the name of now...), lemon balm, peppermint,
greek oregano, sage, comfrey (shhh don't tell Congress), and I had to replant
my aloe, it outgrew it's pot.

This is a good place to mention, as someone expressed an interest here on the
list last year, the Asheville Herb Fest is this weekend. Same place it is
every year so far, Asheville Farmers Market, Asheville N.C. USA. The hours
are 9:00am to 5:00 pm Friday, 9:00am to 5:00 pm Saturday, and 10:00 am to
3:00 pm Sunday. Lots of good culinary and medicinal herbs, as well as the
occasional alternative practitioner and ornamental grower. We'll be going up
Saturday early as I am acting as native guide to several of our newer folk.
I'll be the fat furry fellow in the Green Man tee shirt drooling over some
green growing thing or other.

Corwyn