HERB - Peppermints and gardening

RAISYA@aol.com RAISYA at aol.com
Fri May 5 18:51:02 PDT 2000

Hm, I've been a lazy gardener - still learning about this new place, but I've
got rosemary (LOTS of rosemary), chives, thyme, oregano, lemon balm, onions
and one last try at English lavender (doesn't like E. TX humidity).  Basil
and a couple of other herbs are going out shortly.  I've also got two kinds
of strawberries, cucumbers, squash, tomatoes, sweet peppers and 3 varieties
of hot peppers.  I'm putting out watermelons soon, too.  For flowers, I've
got narcissus, and several kinds of irises, done blooming already, and
starting to wilt as it gets hotter. The Dutch irises bloomed beautifully, but
they were flattened at their height when a tornado passed about 10 minutes
away.  Glad we weren't home that weekend....

Raisya