HERB - Dandelion Dye?

Warren & Meredith Harmon corwynsca at juno.com
Fri May 5 20:19:44 PDT 2000

And I quote:

"Supposedly dandelions produce purple dyes, but I've never been able to
get this color from plants in our region.  Though my base color is beige,
I seen green in a few cases where the plants come from fertilized lawns.
Use of the whole plant including some roots gives these colors which are
similar to using leaves, or flowers, or roots: Alum - beige; Chrome -
medium olive; Copper - light olive; Tin - soft gold; Iron - gray green;
no mordant - light beige."

>From _North American Dye Plants_ by Anne Bliss, ISBN 0-934026-89-0,
$8.95.
-Caro