HERB - citing, ahem, newage materials in handouts...

Serian serian at uswest.net
Mon May 8 11:22:51 PDT 2000

About the newage book, I'd leave it out.  As one who tries
for authenticity when reasonable, I'd prefer 1 or 2 good
sources.
If someone in the class says they're interested in modern
perfumery, then I'd mention it.  It's too easy to get
side-tracked wen you're learning something new.  I've made a
few mistakes like that with music books.  When I take a SCA
class, I like to know of the best sources for period
whatever it is.  Just my tuppence.

Now a ? for you.  You said:

<<
it is illegal in
the US to
make sweet waters by distillation
(because of the alcohol
component),

?  People can brew their own mead, wine, etc. for their own
use, so why not this?  Please enlighten me.

Serian