HERB - citing, ahem, newage materials in handouts...

Jenne Heise jenne at tulgey.browser.net
Mon May 8 13:05:04 PDT 2000

> > It's just something to be aware of. I use Rosetta Clarkson's books
> > frequently--
> She has several books.  Are the 2 you mentioned the only
> ones you use?  I'm not familiar with them, and am always
> looking for good sources.  I also see that some are out of
> print.

_Magic Gardens: A Modern Chronicle of Herbs and Savory seeds_ & _Green
Enchantment: The Golden Age of Herbs and Herbalists_ are the two secondary
sources of hers that I use for SCA-period material (They were also
published under their subtitles.

I just got my own copy of _Herbs: Their Culture and uses_ and while it is
useful it's not a secondary historical source but mostly an herb gardening
book.

Jadwiga Zajaczkowa, mka Jennifer Heise	      jenne at tulgey.browser.net
	"Oh it's all too much, too grim, too lovely, too -- how should
	I put this? It's general chaos." -- Edward Gorey