HERB - Freeze-distillation

Mary Temple noxcat at hotmail.com
Tue May 9 13:48:15 PDT 2000

My primary source is my college biology professor. (Who may only have one
Ph.D. and not two.) The syllabus from her class is at home, and I'm at work,
so I don't remember her full name. We always called her Dr. Pierce (or was
that Pearce?) I took the class in the spring of 92 and got an A.

There's a site I found (simple yahoo search under hangovers) that takes a
position somewhere between us, but I can't speak for the reliability of the
information - some of it is dead-on, some is nowhere close, some I don't
know - and the writer didn't give his credentials. It's:

http://www.barracudamagazine.com/hangover.html

There's one site that mentions cheap red wine being the worst hang-over
based on the writer's personal experience, and cheap red wine has lots of
sulfites which some people have a sensitivity to.

Most of them say that the amount of congenors in an alcohol are directly
proportional to the severity of the hang-over, but they also say the easiest
way to avoid congenors is to avoid "colored" alcohol - so red wine possibly
has more congenors than vodka (vodka having the lowest amount of congenors
of all the hard liquors), although I couldn't find anything that related the
amount of congenors in wine to the amount in hard liqours.

They all say that the single biggest factor in hang-overs is the amount of
alcohol consumed.

I'm still searching for anything related to hangovers on the medical sites
out there, but this is where I started.

Lady Katerine Rowley