HERB - Middle Kingdom Coronation Feast recipes online

Gaylin Walli gwalli at infoengine.com
Thu May 11 11:49:30 PDT 2000

Hi folks,

It just occurred to me that I've been chatting with
people on the herb list for some time about feast
stuff for the Middle Kingdom Coronation and some
of you who aren't on the MK Cook's list or on the
SCA Cook's list might not know that everything
went well. Some of you had expressed a private
interest in seeing the recipes, especially from the
point of view of an herbalist in the kitchen. So...
here's a portion of the message I sent earlier to
the Cook's lists...

... I have placed a PDF file of the feast recipes and
notes booklet on the Middle Kingdom Cook's Collegium
website. You can access the file at this location:

     http://mkcooks.homestead.com/files/MKCrntnFstS2k.pdf

I am trying to get a copy together that is HTML (it's a matter
of messing with the conversions in my software program
really) for the Cook's site too. If I can manage something
non-ugly, I also plan to get a text copy to Stefan for
the flori-thingy.

Barring that, if there is anyone who would like a copy who
cannot access the web to get it, please let me know. I will
be happy to send you a paper copy or a disk copy (Mac or
PC format) if you send me a private request (so as not to
clutter the list). A buck or two to cover the postage and
copying would be welcome, but not required.

For those of you who may have missed the menu I posted
a while back, here it is, in case it helps you decide if you
want to go download the 84 pages worth of my notes *grin*:

     INTRODUCTION: Panis et moretum (Bread with Garlic
     and Herbed Cheese Pate), Ova farcta (Stuffed Eggs),
     Piorum et uvam nigram condimentum (Pears in
     Dark Grape Sauce)

     FIRST COURSE: Torta sambucea (Elderflower Cheese Pie),
     Esicium ex Carne (Meatballs from Chicken with cheese
     and spices), Esicium Romanum (Roman Noodles), Boletis
     et Fungis (Mushrooms and Fungi).

     INTERMISSION: Lactucis Conditis (Seasoned Lettuce)

     SECOND COURSE: Torte Blitum (Spinach Pie), Pulpam
     Romanam (Spitted and Roasted Veal with Spices), Alliatum
     ex Luglande aut Amygdala (Walnut and Almond Garlic Sauce,
     served on the side), Cepa sub cinere (Roasted Onions),
     Lens et Hordeo (Lentils and Barley).

     DESSERT: Nucubus Pineis Saccharo Conditi (Pine Nuts in
     Sugar), Comedunt Anesum et Coriandrum Saccharo (Sugared
     Anise and Coriander Seeds), Persico (Peaches), Caseo
     (Aged Cheese).

Cheers and enjoy,

Jasmine
Iasmin de Cordoba