HERB - witch hazel & arnica

Shannon Brophy shannon at yoga.com
Mon May 15 07:04:29 PDT 2000

Here is a recipe for a liniment from our website at www.yoga.com:
Arnica/St.John's Wort Liniment
This is an extraordinary remedy for bruises, sprains, strains and muscle
aches. It should be used externally ONLY, on unbroken skin, as the Arnica
may be harmful if taken internally, unless the Arnica is prepared
homeopathically, in which case it may be taken internally and is a useful
adjunctive therapy.
Ingredients: Fresh Arnica flowers, fresh St. John's Wort flower/tops, and
Everclear (approx. 1/4 cup).

Equipment: 2 one-pint jars, strainer, straining cloth, funnel, storage jar,
and labels.

Procedure: Either pick your own orhave the flowers sent to you. They will
come into bloom at different season, Arnica being the first, so you willhave
to make two separate tinctures and combine them at the end. Or just make a
simple tincture of one or the other and use it alone. Fill the 1 pint jar
with the flowers, add grain alcohol, which has been dirluted to 70 percent
with distilled water, until full. Macerate for 14 days. Strain, press,
bottle.

Enjoy!
Shannon

Hi I'm New to the list,  I make an after shave for my Brother-in-law using
witch hazel and peppermint schnapps.  I am Looking for a recipe for a
bruise/muscle ointment for our heavy fighters.  I belive the primary
ingredient is Arnica is anyone familiar with this?  Jamie