HERB - Virus awareness

RoseThstle@aol.com RoseThstle at aol.com
Wed Nov 29 12:39:15 PST 2000

In a message dated 11/28/00 8:44:24 PM Central Standard Time, RAISYA at aol.com
writes:

> Unfortunately, for whatever reason, things also get through from people not
> even subscribed to the list.

I didn't mean to imply the regular subscribers would do such a thing, I
wasn't very clear on that point.  What I meant to convey was anyone can get
onto this list and spread viruses.  You do a great job keeping up with this
list.  No one can catch all the viruses that are out there.. even
sophisticated companies with thousands to spend on firewalls and encryptions
still get infected.  Look at the Love Virus!  We're still cleaning up from
that mess.

It's a shame though that those who are intelligent enough to hack in to the
toughest firewalls would waste their time and talent with such a meaningless
activity.