HERB -- needed sympathetic ears

Sheron Buchele/Curtis Rowland foxryde at verinet.com
Tue Oct 3 16:17:47 PDT 2000

How sad!

Depending on where you live, I would be glad to send some babies home to
you.  I have about (gulp) 6 or 7 types of oregano now.  I just put in
another Greek and some mini.  I don't use oregano in cooking much, I just
really like the look of the plant.

LMK, and sooner is better than later.  I have a LOT of Hassenpheffer.  It
really likes to seed around.  (I always want to call it Hassenpepper,
Incorporated from the old Laverne and Shirly re-runs (which I saw first
run, thank you very much!)

Also, oreg has a mighty root system and may come back, do not dispair.

Or I can harvest some of mine and send it to you.

I know it isn't the same, but maybe a small "feel better"

Baroness Leonora
Outlands
Loveland, CO

P.S.  I am feeling better.  I had a tough year.  I was in a car wreck and
got a brain stem injury.  A week later my mom died suddenly.  Then about 6
weeks later one of my best friends was killed in a car wreck.  Sorry I have
been so quiet, after the Christmas season I will try to write more.

At 12:16 PM 10/3/00 PDT, you wrote:
>I've been stewing for a couple days now, and the worst part was knowing no
>one else would really understand why I was upset...
>
>We moved to a new home in January.  There was a garden bed out back...
>mostly full of "feral" trees & weeds... with nothing but a trowel &
>determination, I conquered the plot & had the beginnings of an herb garden.
>The only thing that would really be ready to harvest this year was my
>oregano.
>
>I went out back Sunday to water, and my oregano was GONE!  Poof!  This brown
>place where there should have been green!
>
>It's not like oregano's valuable... how, why would someone do this?  I'll
>feel like such a fool if I go complaining to my landlord, but *someone stole
>my herbs*!
>
>Thanks for listening,
>--Katherine

Fox Ryde Gardens - Herbal Innovations for Health and Cuisine
7743 West First Street
Loveland, CO 80537
970/669-3835
Visit our website: http://www.foxryde.com
Send $2 for our new full color catalog, receive $2 off your first order

 Doing the right thing starts first thing in the morning, Sparky.  Not
after you are caught.
                              -John Criton, FarScape