HERB - wound healing & honey

Gaylin J. Walli gwalli at ptc.com
Thu Sep 7 12:59:50 PDT 2000

>Yes, it helps the wound granulate, has soothing properties, helps
>reduce inflamation.

I think I'd personally be more interested in the "why" behind it
scientifically. What ingredient combination or substance makes
this possible, I wonder? Medical history suffered this huge blow
when people decided that pouring stuff into wounds was a good idea.
It's taken us nearly forever to get out of that mode of thinking,
historically speaking. Their mistaken, but understandable, idea
was that if pus is good and laudable, then more pus must be better.
So back to the peptobismol idea, I wonder what it is that might
make it appear that a wound gets better. Could it possibly be that
honey simply made it possible for the peptobismol *not* to harm
the wound? That in and of itself wouldn't surprise me, considering
the nature of honey. But I'd hate to dismiss the peptobismol out
of hand.

Iasmin de Cordoba, gwalli at ptc.com or iasmin at home.com