HERB - Question on Herbs

Walter J. Wakefield wjwakefield at juno.com
Mon Sep 25 20:27:28 PDT 2000

Skullcap (Scutellaria laterifolia and other Scutelleria species) has
traditionally been used as a reliable sedative and nervine tonic, often
combined with valerian (Verbena officinalis).  It is useful in nervous
tension, seizure disorders, PMS, cramps and similar conditions.  It can
be used in depressed states where there is an anxiety component to the
depression.  The constituents include flavonoid glycosides and a bitter
oil, according to David Hoffman ("The Holistic Herbal") and Mrs. Grieve
("A Modern Herbal").

Isoflavones I don't know about.

Can you be more precise about what information you are looking for?

Suzanna, the herbalist, Barony of the Steppes, Kingdom of Ansteorra
(Dallas, TX)