HERB - Old get-high stuff besides Absinthe

Sheron Buchele/Curtis Rowland foxryde at mail.frii.com
Tue Apr 3 12:39:36 PDT 2001

*grin*   Guess I was having an "Old-timers" moment about smoking the stuff.

What was it that cigarettes were soaked in that got people high in the
groovy Paris Left Bank scene?

Um, how to make this relevant to period?!  Ummmm.  Been in the sun too long
today!

Leonora

At 11:26 AM 4/3/01 -0700, you wrote:
>No sniggering from this quarter, Leonora, I had Art
>History even longer ago than that. IIRC, some 19th C
>painters in Paris got their brains addled from
>drinking Absinthe. I don't think it can be sold in
>this country because of the wormwood content. The
>drink, I mean. You can still get the plant.
>Edwinna

Fox Ryde Gardens - Herbal Innovations for Health and Cuisine
7743 West First Street
Loveland, CO 80537
970/669-3835
Visit our website: http://www.foxryde.com

A nation is not conquered until the hearts of its women are on the ground.
Then, it is done, no matter how brave its warriors nor how strong their
weapons."
~ Cheyenne Proverb