HERB - WILDPLACES: DON'T BUY PEAT THIS EASTER

Christine Seelye-King kingstaste at mindspring.com
Tue Apr 17 08:13:41 PDT 2001

While I am sympathetic to the problem, I don't see how the use of peat moss
in gardening can be a significant drop in the bucket compared to the burning
of peat in fireplaces all over Ireland, which has been done for thousands of
years, is still the major form of fuel, and does not provide any renewable
source (such as composting a garden).  Is there a movement afoot to stop
this practice as well?
Christianna