[Herbalist] poison ivy

HopeAllyson Dwiggins annys at ot.com
Tue Aug 21 09:05:58 PDT 2001

The original recipe is:
4 cups colloidal oatmeal
1 cup epsom salts
4 drops each peppermint and lavender essential oil
Add ingredients to a lukewarm or cool bath.
I mix up the ingredients and put a little of it in a jar.  This goes in my
first aid kit.  When needed, I will mix it with water to a paste consistency
and apply.  Usually we don't have a bath available outside of home, and we
find this works really well.  We used the paste successfully twice at
Pennsic this year.
Annys