[Herbalist] Re: Herbalist digest, Vol 1 #131 - 14 msgs

Katrina O'Keefe katrina at unreachable.com
Tue Dec 11 19:25:34 PST 2001

> Mostly cause I'm a bit nutzoid when I've found a project (ask my household
> - they've seen some of the stuff I do).

I can vouch, really:)

> I do want to check up on it, 'cause I've already found a couple
> discrepancies on numbers for quantities, which could alter how the recipes
> come out...  I'm not sure if they are from translation differences, or
> perhaps from differences in the source of the original text.

Hmm, well since I'm not going anywhere for awhile, need any help?

> And, it just seems like a good idea.  If it works, I might need to find
> some more things to attempt to translate.  It's wonderful.  I'm usually
> useless when it comes to languages, so finding a useful tool is a happy
> thing.
>
> Audette

One thing to remember is that babelfish can't always give a direct translation. I
used it to write a letter to join the Baronial Guard once. Then just for fun, I
re-translated it. It wasn't exactly the same, although there weren't any really
obvious problems. I do have a Spanish-English dictionary you could borrow too. It's
also modern Spanish, and I'm not sure how much the local idiom might have changed.
Still, there's only one good way to find out:)
Ldy Catalina