HERB - First-hand e-mail virus warning

Katherine Blackthorne kblackthorne at hotmail.com
Mon Feb 12 09:50:18 PST 2001

We just now got hit with an e-mail virus at work.

It was sent to all mailboxes at our site.  Looked like it came from internal
e-mail -- the "from" name was vaguely familiar.
The subject line was something like, "Here it is ;)"  (I don't remember for
sure, I only saw it for a moment.)  It contained an attachment called,
"AnnaKariena"  (The name was longer.)

No, I don't know what it does.  But it pinged our virus-alert's here, and I
wanted make sure you were warned... particularly since it arrived here
looking work-related.  (OK, the subject wasn't very professional, but then
not all of the internal ones around here are!)

--Sym